I write this today, since after doing some research on this subject, I believe a friend of mine I have known for many years is an empath and does not know it. Thankfully, she is a Christian and her inherent ability would fall under the Gifts of the Spirit, a subject I have already covered on this blog. An empath with ability would equate to the first seven of the nine gifts of the Holy Ghost, thought the higher number of these gifts would be attributed to the most gifted empath. It is the last days and God promised He would pour out His Spirit. At the same time, I realize this may be of interest to many of you out there with some very unusual things going on with your personality, qualities that have been there since birth. For anyone having problems with my use of the term “empath”, thinking it co-opted from the new age, have at it. The word is still a viable description for the reality condition, and was easily found in Webster’s long before any guru was caught in the closet playing with their third eye. Back in my searching for the truth days, I ran across many remarkable people that had these gifts from God that were not affiliated with mainstream Christianity, or that knew anything of the new age. It was quite the eye opener. All of them recognized a higher power greater than themselves, at the minimum described as an Unmoved Mover.
Out there in the electronic ethers, it is said that perhaps 5% of the world’s people are empaths. It is certainly hard to know, and this number is speculative. Granted, a large portion of the world has empathic capability, though feeling basic human empathy is far different than being an empath.
Too, there are varying degrees of gifts endemic to empaths, as well as their capabilities either inherent (born with a person as a gift of the Holy Ghost and continued onward as a practicing Christian); or developed (through working with lesser demi-gods/demonic of the new age/metaphysical movement).
There is a big difference in how these gifts get developed, and how they are implemented, as we speak of two competing spiritual realms, and only one having the true authority of God, the other being a mere mimicry of the true Gifts of the Holy Ghost. The satanic always copies God’s programs as an upside down mirror image. You might want to know the difference!
Here are some of the most common traits with added personal commentary:
- Knowing: Empaths just know, without being told. It’s a knowing that goes way beyond intuition. (Example: a friend was in trouble and I knew to come to their aid and stop a potentially violent altercation that neither of us could have predicted or known about prior. I knew I had to be there. Another: Two friends turn coated on another friend this year after many years of friendship, yet I predicted this eventual behavior from the beginning, many years ago. Like anything I say, I have witnesses to the effect.)
- Being in public places can be overwhelming: Places like shopping malls, or stadiums. (I have never liked these for a comfort zone, but now can easily attend).
- Feeling others emotions and taking them on as your own. (This was very hard when I was younger, it is no longer a problem, since one learns to block or release). Empaths can feel emotions of those near, and some will also feel emotions from those far away, or both. (I can sense the emotions on the phone and actually anywhere, as well long distance).
- Watching violence on the TV can be unbearable: The more attuned an empath becomes the worse it is. (This can be hard for any of us eh?).
- You know when someone is not being honest: If a friend or a loved one is telling you lies you know it. Or if someone is saying one thing but feeling/thinking another, you know. (This is never 100%, but I do get a strong sense of liars, gossipers, cowards, etc.).
- Picking up physical symptoms from a person: An empath can develop the ailments from another human (aches and pains), especially persons they’re closest to. (One learns to block or release such)
- Digestive disorders and lower back problems: The solar plexus is in the center of the abdomen, and it’s known as the place of emotions. This is where empaths feel the incoming emotion of another, and this can weaken the area and possibly lead to anything from ulcers to IBS (and other conditions). Lower back problems can develop from being ungrounded, and anyone who has no knowledge of themselves as an empath, will almost always be unstable. (When I was younger I had no idea of being an empath, so right up till my mid-30s I suffered with sciatic issues coming and going).
- Always looking out for the underdog: Anyone who’s suffering, in emotional pain. (Growing up I was always a champion of the bullied, defeating some deserved recipients, back when America had some common sense and people shook hands and walked away).
- Others will want to offload their problems on you, even strangers. (Most folks offload without knowing why, and often without realizing it, much to their surprise. This is a profound source of amusement, because I love to assist the worthy).
- Constant fatigue: Empaths often get drained, either from energy vampires or just taking on too much from others. (This used to be a problem, not anymore, using block or release.)
- Addictive personality: Alcohol, drugs, sex, to name a few addictions that empaths turn to, to block out the emotions of others. It is a form of self-protection in order to hide from persons or things. (I have been through it all).
- Drawn to healing, holistic therapies and all things metaphysical: many empaths love to heal others. Too, anything of a supernatural nature is of interest to empaths, and they don’t surprise or get shocked easily.
- Creative: From singing, dancing, acting, drawing or writing, an empath will have a strong creative streak and a vivid imagination.
- Love of nature and animals: Being outdoors in nature is a must for empaths and pets can be essential for some. (Nature is amazing, but pets are not needed here, I have seen them turn. They tend to mirror their owners, and can easily be possessed by evil spirits.)
- Need for solitude and some quiet time.
- Empaths get bored or distracted easily if not stimulated: Work, school and home life has to be kept interesting for an empath.
- Strives for the truth: This becomes more present when an empath discovers their gifts. Anything untruthful feels plain wrong. (I have always been known for the truth, and am so honest that many find it off-putting).
- Always seeking answers and knowledge: Unanswered questions can be frustrating for an empath, and they will seek to find an explanation. This can lead to an information overload.
- Likes adventure, freedom and travel: Empaths are free spirits.
- Hates clutter. (I am very organized).
- Loves to daydream: An empath can stare into space for hours, in a world of their own, quite happy.
- Finds routine, rules or control, unbearable. (This depends on the rules and the makers)
- Prone to carry weight without overeating: The excess weight is a form of protective insulation to stop the negative energies having as much impact.
- Excellent listener.
- Intolerance to narcissism: empaths do not like to be around overly egotistical people, who put themselves first. (I do not suffer fools gladly).
- Will not choose to buy antiques, vintage or second-hand: Anything that’s been pre-owned carries the energy of the previous owner. An empath will even prefer to have a brand new car or house with no residual energy. (I once purchased a 100 year old Shaker headboard that had bad energy attached to it (it literally shook LOL) and had to get rid of it, because at the time I was young and did not know what to do. So I do not ever buy antique furniture or housewares, because though you can bless them, I still lean to safety and bring nothing into the house. I do drive a classic car and sometimes buy classic RVs without any fear, but then I know how to bless them and they are not IN the house).
- Can appear moody, shy, aloof, disconnected: Depending on how an empath is feeling they can be prone to mood swings and if they’ve taken on too much negativity they may appear quiet and unsociable.
If you can say yes to most or all of the above then you are most definitely an empath.
Since my childhood I have been an empath. A pre-cognitive, clairsentient (clear feeling) life of wonder and adventure has been mine. Of course, I had no idea what was happening to me, and yes, I felt different than the other kids. While a kid, I often saw terrifying spirits that disturbed me. This accelerated to age 11 with a huge event so big it would have been shocking to a person of any age. It was always easy to make friends or avoid trouble, since I could easily see the good and bad in people. My teen years were relatively normal, but confusing with the constant feeling all that mixed energy from people, plus sensing spirits at the same time. Nevertheless, in high school mid-70s, we had a ghost hunter team that were eager yet rather quickly disbanded after getting scared out of our wits at a literally desecrated historic church filled with real evil.
In adulthood, I have had a remarkable experiences in both in business and personal, where being an empath has been challenging and very rewarding. This is where all the dreams, visions and working with prayer and healing began. My family and I did big things in business and I went out and tested the spirits.
By this time, I can usually tell what person I will do business with, and what persons get personal access. Really though, people in 2017 make it all too easy for decision with their million and one tells they throw out. For the better part one does not need to be an empath to read them, as blatant transparency is widespread.
Yet for those that were wondering whether they have inherent empath capabilities —you are welcome. For those that do not—find out what your Gifts of the Holy Ghost are (as you do have them), and make sure you are serving Jesus Christ, the Master of your Universe.