Lately, among the many types, I have been talking with a plethora of truly miserable individuals, and the Lord pressed this article upon me. Each one of you that is a Christian has a mission and ministry to perform whether you realize it or not, whether you like it or not. As a terrible sinner I console with myself that at least I realize my debts to God. Pray for me!
In my mission, I see around me an overarching cheap cultural propaganda that programs once promising Americans to declining attitudes of rude behavior, personal irresponsibility, and lawlessness.
As well, at least two talented and intelligent individuals from my old circles of life have embraced witchcraft over their Christianity. The situation is no small grief to me, and I try not to blame myself (having read the signs), but in the future I will be more direct.
I especially write this for them, but the open minded seeking peace and solutions will be mutual beneficiaries.
Easily documented history shows this nation was founded upon Christian principles as I give you the pinnacle of the American Dream —
Every one that believes in Christ that has been baptized have gifts of the spirit waiting to be realized. After baptism, the believer can have the Holy Ghost conferred upon them by the laying on of hands by those in authority or by simply having the Holy Ghost fall upon them by praying for the Spirit. The next step in the road of Christian faith is realizing the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
These spiritual gifts for the believer are detailed in 1 Corinthians 12: 8-11.
8 for to one is given the word of wisdom through the Spirit, to another the word of knowledge through the same Spirit, 9 to another faith by the same Spirit, to another gifts of healings by the same Spirit, 10 to another the working of miracles, to another prophecy, to another discerning of spirits, to another different kinds of tongues, to another the interpretation of tongues. 11 But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually as He wills.
So here we have nine gifts of the Spirit from the New Testament. Let’s take a look at what they majestically offer far and above the bitter and powerless non-Christian life —
- The Word of Wisdom — This gift refers to the deeper understanding (common sense and shrewdness) for problem solving, boosted exponentially by the indwelling of the Holy Ghost.
- The Word of Knowledge — This gift is a conviction, impression, or knowing that comes to you in a mental picture, a dream, vision, or by a Bible scripture. It is supernatural insight of circumstances, situations, problems, or of facts by revelation of divine assistance. This is moral wisdom for right living.
- The Gift of Prophecy — The gift of prophecy teaches, exhorts, and comforts; helps us strengthen; and leads us to the Word of God. It is the ministry of the Holy Spirit to convict of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment to come.
- The Gift of Faith — The gift of faith is the supernatural ability to believe God without doubt, combat unbelief, and visualize what God wants. It is inner conviction impelled by an urgent calling, and a supernatural ability to meet adversity with trust in God’s messages. This gift not only operates in healings and miracles, but in the impossible.
- The Gift of Healing — The gift of healings refers to supernatural healing without human aid; it is a special gift to pray for specific diseases. Healing can come through the touch of faith; by speaking the word of faith; or by the presence of God being manifested. There are three types of healings: physical, emotional and spiritual. According to Mark 16:17-20, the gifts of healing belong to all believers.
- The Gift of Working Miracles — A miracle is the performance of something which is against the laws of nature; it is a supernatural power to intervene and counteract earthly and evil forces. The gift of miracles operates to bring authority over Satan, sickness, and sin.
- The Discerning of Spirits — Discerning of spirits is the supernatural ability given by the Holy Spirit to perceive the source of a spiritual manifestation and determine whether it is of God, of the devil, of man, or of the world. It is not mind reading or psychic phenomena. The gift of discerning of spirits is the power to detect spirits and their activities. It is a gift which protects your Christian life.
- The Gift of Different Kinds of Tongues —Supernatural utterance through the power of the Holy Spirit in a person that manifests as spiritual language. The Holy Spirit energizes the tongue to teach believers through language. Common are languages not known to the speaker; these languages may be existing, from the past, or “unknown” as inspired.
- The Gift of the Interpretation of Tongues ––Interpretation of tongues is a supernatural verbalization and interpretation to reveal the meaning of a tongue.
Just this week a Christian who is a friendly acquaintance learned of the near dying state of a co-worker. He went to the hospital, was barred entrance to the ICU, marched past that and laid hands on a woman for healing. She left the hospital on her own power the next day as usual befuddling doctors. The family thanked him, he said, “Thank the Lord, I am just a conduit”.
Fulfill your American Dream of assimilation by embracing Christianity. Stop whining and crying and get about it! No new car, circle of friends, cocktail happy hour, new house, new job, new boyfriend/girlfriend, new cat or dog, new hobby, new psychiatrist, new clothes, new drug, or new philosophy will give you peace and empowerment like Christianity.
Here is your social justice. It is all you are going to get.
You are going to need these gifts for what is coming up!
As I say in my new book Wild Willful Heart, “If you can see to believe, then you will believe what you see”.